We Recommend CUCAS For BLCU Students --- Free Applications For 2014-15

How To Access Blocked Websites At The Beijing Language and Culture University [Paid]

There's a number of reasons you might want to consider paying for VPN software during your time at the Beijing Language and Culture University.  A VPN is a virtual private network that will allow you to bypass the firewall in China and access restricted sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter - to name just a few.

You simply sign up for the service on their website, download and install the software and you're good to go. It usually works on a monthly subscription basis.

I have also written a post that mentions free VPN software and websites, but the truth is that good free software is very hard to come by and the website options are usually quite slow as far as performance is concerned. It can also be risky for security reasons - a friend of mine said his Facebook password was compromised after logging in through the popular Vtunnel service.

Paid solutions

This is a paid VPN software I can recommend if you are considering this option as an alternative to the free services. Certainly by paying for a VPN you will not have to worry about security threats or account compromises. The connection speed will also be far superior.

PureVPN

Click image for website

Blocked in China

Many of your favourite websites might currently be blocked in China. As I have already mentioned, social networking sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are completely blocked. You can check this article on Wikipedia for a full and updated list of the main websites.

The blocked list also includes Google Docs, Picasa, Technorati and Blogspot, as well as many others. Unfortunately this is not going to change any time soon.

Although I never bothered with paid VPN software during my time at BLCU, if I had had enough money to spare I probably would have as it makes a big difference to your online experience and ease of use if you're a person that uses the internet a lot.

What has your experience been of using the internet in China and at BLCU? Would you recommend a paid VPN to fellow students or not? Let me know in the comments section and be sure to ask any questions you may have.

One last thing...

Access blocked websites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and more from BLCU and China with PureVPN!


If you enjoyed this post, you can subscribe to The BLCU Blog for free updates. You can also follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page. Feeling generous? Why not buy me a coffee through our donation button at the top of the blog? Thank you very much for your support!

11 comments:

  1. for iDevices, I recommended this paid APN service. http://falcop.com/ not for ADs, it act perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Hotspot Shield Free Proxy you can browse your favorite web sites anonymously Whether you are on the job, at school, a college university.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you promote such sites which can open blocked sites anywhere you are . Sometime i want to access Facebook in my university but fail to do so but after letting know about such a unique instruction i got everything. access blocked sites

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really sad that you can't access all websites and you have to find a way to bypass the censorship, I had a travel to China,
    China is great but thinking about the internet really made me crazy, I read a review from a vpn provider "Saturnvpn.com" that some one already used it in China and that was OK there.
    As it was cheap I bought an account for 2Month and for $5 before I leave for China,
    I was not sure if it really works or not.
    When I got there the first thing I tried was the Internet and I saw that allmost all the websites are blocked.
    I hited the vpn connect button, and in just few seconds it says you are connected, I tried to access some blocked websites and yes! It worked. no problem! There are 3 protocols PPTP, L2TP and OpenVPN saturnvpn offers.
    And when you buy a account, You can use all of them.
    I could connect using PPTP at the hotel. But I was in a resturant and PPTP didn't work, So I tried OpenVPN and as saturnVPN staff said, OpenVPN works even in saturn! It worked like a charm.
    I know many of you who want to travel to china are looking for a service to bypass the censorship there and this is my recommendation. http://saturnvpn.com
    It has also free test account and you can test the service before you pay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ,, i use waselpro since one year now and to be honset i couldnt change it , and i dont want actually . here you go https://www.waselpro.com/en/ its a very good vpn service for me at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best way to access blocked websites is to use a vpn service,
    saturnvpn.com is the best you can get,
    1Month only $3.3 | 2Months $5 | 3Months $7 | 6Months $10 | 12Months $16 |
    It has totally FREE test account.
    www.saturnvpn.com
    Works on: Windows, iPhone, Android, Mac, Linux

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article ! Nowadays, there are a lot of software like VPN available to hide ip address to surf internet anonymously . The purpose of hiding ip address from the public view provides security to the browsers so, they can prevent from ip hacking . After hiding their original ip, one can check whether their ip gets changed or not by using Ip-details.com

    February 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. name for my business

    ReplyDelete